Satan's Lies vs. God's Truth

>> Wednesday, July 18, 2012

When you are in the valley of depression and/or discouragement, your mind is weak and particularly prone to believe Satan's lies, and he knows this. Satan uses our times in the valley (when we're discourage or depressed) to ensnare us in the bondage of self-absorption. Self-absorption takes your focus off of God and His truth and onto yourself. That's why it is extremely important that you replace Satan's lies with God's truth as soon as they come to your mind. You need to remind yourself of the truths you have neglected in order to reaffirm them in your mind and heart to avoid this trap and experience victory. 

What better way to combat Satan's lies and remind yourself of God's truths than with Truth itself, the Word of God?

Below is a list of some of the most common lies Satan uses to try to ensnare us. I have paired each lie with at least one verse to help remind you of what God has to say about that particular lie. 


Satan's Lie: "No one cares, including God."
God's Truth: Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. {Jeremiah 31:3}

Satan's Lie: "I'm no good."
God's Truth: Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. {2 Corinthians 5:17}

Satan's Lie: "I'm all alone." 
God's Truth: I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. {Hebrews 15:3b}

Satan's Lie: "I don't need God."
God's Truth: I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. {John 15:5}

Satan's Lie: "This problem is beyond help."
God's Truth: Is any thing too hard for the LORD? {Genesis 18:14}

Satan's Lie: "Nothing will ever change."
God's Truth: ...to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. {Isaiah 61:3}
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. {Psalm 30:5b}

Satan's Lie: "I should be afraid of the unknown."
God's Truth: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. {Jeremiah 29:11}

Satan's Lie: "These feelings of hopelessness will never change."
God's Truth: Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: {Psalm 42:5, 11}
The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. {Lamentations 3:24}

Satan's Lie: "I hate people."
God's Truth: If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. {I John 4:20-21}

Satan's Lie: "God is angry with me."
God's Truth: The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy ... For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. {Psalm 103:8, 14}

Satan's Lie: "No one understands me."
God's Truth: Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite. {Psalm 147:5}

Satan's Lie: "I hate life."
God's Truth: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. {John 14:6}



Do you have any additional lies and/or truths to add to this list? Feel free to leave a comment below.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP