Examining Your Responses

>> Saturday, July 21, 2012

Just as there are times of joy, there are also times if suffering during the course of life. You may have suffered abuse, abandonment, or rejection. Perhaps you are hurting over a failed marriage or failed relationships/friendships. You may think God has forgotten you, or doesn't care about you. Your heart has grown cold, angry, perhaps bitter, toward God. Psalm 31:7 says,
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities.
David didn't rejoice because he was suffering. He was able to rejoice because he knew God was there and would always be with him.

Life has not given you what you expected. You want more. The world tells you that you deserve more. Proverbs 21:2 says,
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts. 
 Satan is the father of lies (John 8:44). He wants to keep you from facing the truth about your unbiblical responses to the hurts you have faced, because denial keeps you in bondage to him. When you live in denial, you cannot know God intimately or enjoy fellowship with Him. Satan's mission is accomplished.
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. {John 8:32}
 If you are willing to face the truth, the truth will set you free - free from your sinful responses to circumstances in your life.

Psalm 142 describes a trying time in David's life.

I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.  

I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble.  

When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.  

I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.  

I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.  

Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.  

Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.

David was hiding in a cave because he was being pursued by Saul. You are constantly being pursued by Satan and your fleshly nature, but you do not have to give in.
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. {Romans 13:14}
David was in desperate need. He was honest about his feelings and his need, but his focus was entirely on God. He was able to have joy in the midst of distressing circumstances because his focus was entirely on God.
{ Stop regarding all the unpleasant things as interruptions of one's 'real' life. They are precisely one's real life. - C.S. Lewis }

Have you lived in denial about your unbiblical responses? What truth do you need to face about your unbiblical responses? Don't put it off any longer - make those responses right today so your relationship with God can be restored and you can live with the joy of the Lord in your heart!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP