Jehovah Jireh!

>> Thursday, August 16, 2012


God has blessed me with yet another job.

Yes, a second job!

I am more excited and grateful than any words can express. When it rains blessings, it pours!

A few months ago, I had applied to teach at a private Christian school just down the road from our house. My brother, who currently attends there, informed me of their lack of any kind of a performing arts/drama program, so I decided to give it a go and see if they were interested in starting a program of that sort.

Several weeks later, Mom met with the upper school administrator to discuss my brother's upcoming academic schedule. She mentioned my application and expressed interest in discussing employment opportunities with me. We talked the next day, and I was hired(!). "I don't normally hire people without laying eyes on them, but I feel that I can make an exception for you."

The school faculty has been dwindling over the past several weeks. Some have answered the call to full-time mission work outside the U.S. Others have resigned due to various circumstances. There is a real need for additional faculty members, and God has seen fit to bless me with the opportunity to help meet that need.

The school doesn't have the resources or space for a drama/performing arts program, but I will be able to blend my performance training with my interest in teaching, my love of storytelling, and my heart for children all into one job. How exciting is that!

This week is "planning week" for the faculty and staff. We have been meeting every morning to iron out as many kinks as we can before school starts Monday morning. The closer Monday gets, the more excited I become. I can hardly wait to see what the Lord will do during this school year.

Just a few short weeks ago, I was unemployed with an ever-shrinking list of ideas of where to apply for work. Now I have two incredible jobs with tasks the Lord has gifted me in, working in a Christian environment with coworkers and bosses who are strong in the faith. I never imagined my job search would end in such a way. God certainly "is able to do exceedinly abundantly above all that we ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20)!

As I mentioned before, we are working to get all the last-minute details together to prepare for the beginning of the school year next week. Please pray for us as we do so. Pray that the Lord will use us to help these children and teenagers to learn and grow, both spiritually and academically. Pray that we won't lose sight of the big picture as the school year gets underway and things become hectic.

Looking back at how the last few weeks have unfolded, I am reminded that God is Jehovah Jireh, "the Lord Who Provides." It is encouraging and comforting to see how He has manifested that Name through the circumstances He has providentally orchestrated to provide these blessed opportunities for me.

In Matthew 6 and Luke 12, Jesus illustrates the loving provision of Jehovah Jireh and tells us how we are to respond to this loving provision.
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?  
Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 
Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: and yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
{Matthew 6:25-32}
  
And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.

Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?

Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
{Luke 12:22-30}

 Jehovah Jireh knows His children have needs, and He always provides for them. Always.

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
{Philippians 4:19}

Jehovah Jireh has blessed me beyond measure by providing for me in a truly incredible way, and I praise Him for it.


. . . and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Malachi 3:10b


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP