He Answers Prayer

>> Sunday, August 5, 2012

As many of you know, I have been looking for employment for quite a while. God has seen fit to bless me with a job that far exceeded my expectations. But I'm getting ahead of myself . . .

Dad saw a "help wanted" ad in the local newspaper for a company in need of a secretary. He called the number provided in the ad and talked with the owner's wife (who serves as the current secretary) to find out more about the position. He mentioned that he had a daughter (me) who had recently graduated from college and was looking for work. When she asked where I had graduated from, she was shocked when Dad told her I had graduated from Bob Jones University. She's a BJU grad as well, and she had been praying earlier that day for the Lord to send her someone from her alma mater. She needs help with payroll, billpay, and other financial aspects of the business, so she needs someone she can trust. She told Dad she would call back after she had thought and prayed about this answer to her prayers.

She called the next day to set up an interview with me on the following day. The interview wasn't really an "interview," per se. We chatted for almost an hour about our families, our churches, our experiences at BJU, and about God's remarkable answer to both of our prayers. Praising God together for answered prayer was a beautiful thing to experience.

When I left the building, I was an official employee. I am so thankful to be blessed with a job that pays well, in a good environment, with such wonderful bosses. I never dreamed that God would provide in such an incredible way, but He did. He can, He does, and He will. Not because we deserve it, but because of who we are in His Son, Jesus Christ. He delights in giving good gifts to His children, because He is good.

A big, heartfelt thank you to everyone who prayed for me. God answered your prayers in an incredible way.

Don't be discouraged if God hasn't answered your prayer(s) yet. He will answer you in His timing, in His infinite wisdom, in His way. And when He does, He will surprise you with an answer far better than anything you can imagine.


God has given you His promise
That He hears and answers prayer.
He will heed your supplication
If you cast on Him your care.

He will answer every prayer,
He will answer every prayer,
Go to Him in faith believing,
He will answer every prayer.

He will not withhold one blessing,
He will give you what is best.
God will answer by His Spirit,
Every one who makes request.

He will answer every prayer,
He will answer every prayer,
Go to Him in faith believing,
He will answer every prayer.

He can hear the great petition,
And the smallest, over there.
Unto God pray without ceasing,
He will answer every prayer.

He will answer every prayer,
He will answer every prayer,
Go to Him in faith believing,
He will answer every prayer.

Take to God your plans and failures,
Any time and anywhere.
No one ever goes unanswered,
For He answers every prayer.

                                 Mary Bernstecher


 Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee . . . 
{Job 22:27}

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him:
{Psalm 91:15a}

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. 
{Isaiah 65:24}

Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 
{Jeremiah 29:12}

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. 
{Jeremiah 33:3}

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? 
{Matthew 7:7-11}

 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. 
{Matthew 21:22}

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 
{John 14:13-14}

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 
{John 15:7}

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. 
{John 16:23}


In every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 
{Philippians 4:6b}

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 
{James 5:16b}

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. 
{I John 5:14-15}


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP