Friends: Gifts to be Treasured

>> Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Photo by Myrna Moore
Today I had the unexpected blessing of receiving a phone call from a very dear friend whom I haven't heard from in six months. (Yes, there were tears, but they were tears of joy.) We were able to   catch up on each other's lives, share burdens, and rejoice in what the Lord is teaching us and doing for us. To be honest, I was a little sad when we had to say goodbye, but so thankful that we had been able to talk (finally!). I have missed her more than words can express.

Friendship is a beautiful manifestation of God's loving care for us. I believe that with all my heart.

Is maith a sgathan suil caraide. 
A friend's eye is a good looking-glass.
 {Gaelic Proverb}

A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. {Proverbs 17:17}

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. {Proverbs 27:17}

Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. {Proverbs 27:9}

I am so thankful for the godly friends God has placed in my life. How often I so foolishly take them for granted! They help me up when I fall, encourage me when I'm discouraged, point me to Christ when I take my eyes off Him, put up with my silly antics and bad moods, make me laugh when I don't even want to smile, and so much more. I am not what I ought to be, but I hope I can be at least a fraction of the blessing to my friends that they have been to me. I am forever indebted to them for their kindness, generosity, exhortation, and encouragement. Thank You, Lord, for the tremendous gift of friendship!

Photo by Myrna Moore

True, godly friends are bits of Heaven on earth - precious gifts to be treasured. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP