Blessings and Prayers from the Emerald Isle

>> Tuesday, June 12, 2012



Circle me, Lord.
Keep protection near 
and danger afar.
Circle me, Lord.
Keep hope within.
Keep doubt without.
Circle me, Lord.
Keep light near
and darkness afar.
Circle me, Lord.
Keep peace within,
Keep evil out.

"If God sends you down a stony path, may he give you strong shoes." - Tradition




May God give you
for every storm, a rainbow;
for every tear, a smile;
for every care, a promise;
and a blessing for each trial. 
For every problem life sends,
a faithful friend to share;
for every sigh, a sweet song,
and an answer for each prayer.

You are the peace of all things calm
You are the place to hide from harm
You are the light that shines in the dark
You are the heart's eternal spark
You are the door that's open wide
You are the guest who waits inside
You are the stranger at the door
You are the calling of the poor
You are my Lord and with me from ill
You are the light, the truth, the way
You are my Savior this very day.




May you see God's light on the path ahead
when the road you walk is dark.
May you always hear,
even in your hour of sorrow,
the gentle singing of the lark.
When times are hard, may hardness
never turn your heart to stone.
May you always remember
when the shadows fall - 
you do not walk alone.

Thanks to Thee, O God, that I have risen today,
to the rising of this life itself;
may it be to Thine own glory, O god of every gift,
and to the glory, aid Thou my soul.
With the aiding of Thine own mercy,
even as I clothe my body with wool,
cover Thou my soul with the shadow of Thy wing.
Help me to avoid every sin,
and the source of every sin to forsake,
and as the mist scatters on the crest of the hills,
may each ill haze clear from my soul, O God.





Christ be with me
Christ before me
Christ behind me
Christ in me
Christ beneath be
Christ above me
Christ on my right
Christ on my left
Christ where I lie
Christ where I sit
Christ where I arise
Christ in the heart of every man
who thinks of me
Christ in the mouth of every man
who speaks of me
Christ in every eye that sees me
Christ in every ear that hears me
Salvation is of the Lord.
- Saint Patrick




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP