A Cry from the Heart

>> Friday, September 7, 2012



Father in Heaven,


      I need to trust you more than ever . . .


                                                      . . .  to believe that you work all things out for my good.


And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 
Romans 8:28


                                                   
                                                        . . . to fight this battle I'm facing.


The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. 
Exodus 14:14



                                                     . . . to be my God who provides beyond my limitations. 


But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:19




                                                           . . . to be the light to my darkness.



For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. 
Psalm 18:28


Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. 
Psalm 119:105


Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. 
Isaiah 60:20


  . . . when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. 
Micah 7:8


Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 
John 8:12


And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. 
Revelation 22:5




                                           . . . to use these trials, these struggles, the hurt, the tears, the painful circumstances, to strengthen and purify me and to glorify You.


I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee . . . 
II Kings 20:5


 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. 
Psalm 126:5


But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies. For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.
Lamentations 3:23-33


Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. 
John 16:20


 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 
II Corinthians 4:17


And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes . . .
Revelation 7:17; 21:4




Help me take my eyes off my circumstances and the cares of life and keep them fixed on the Cross of Christ for as long as You choose to keep me on this earth. Only then will I be able to have a right view of myself, my circumstances, and Your will.


But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 
Galatians 6:14


 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 
Hebrews 12:2




My father's way may twist and turn, my heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad to know He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray, my hopes now fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead, for He doth know the way.

Though night be dark and it may seem that day will never break;
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him, He maketh no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see, my eyesight's far too dim;
But come what may, I'll simply trust and leave it all to Him.

For by and by the mist will lift, and plain it all He'll make - 
Through all the way, though dark to me, He made not one mistake
                                                                                                    Amy Carmichael




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP